Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the Debt Management Policy.
1) That the continuation of the refreshed Debt Management Policy be approved; and
2) That delegated authority be given to the Section 151 Officer, in conjunction with the Portfolio Holder for Finance, Commercialisation and Partnerships, to undertake future review and changes to the Debt Management Policy.
· The continuation of the Debt Management Policy will ensure that South Holland District Council demonstrates a clear and transparent position in respect of its approach to the management of debt; and
· Delegation for reviewing and updating the policy will enable a responsive and efficient approach to policy maintenance).
· Do nothing – this option was rejected as it is timely for the policy to be formally reviewed and its continuation re-approved.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
AD - Finance, S151 Officer and PFH
Report author: Sharon Hammond
Publication date: 22/07/2022
Date of decision: 19/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 19/07/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/07/2022