Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To recommend to Council the South & East Lincolnshire Councils Partnership Sub-regional Strategy
That Cabinet agree to recommend to Council:
1) That the Sub-regional Strategy at Appendix A be agreed, subject to any final consultation feedback as agreed by the Leader as portfolio holder; and
2) That the Sub-regional Strategy becomes a line of inquiry in the Partnership’s Annual Scrutiny.
· The opportunity to align strategic priorities across the Councils through a single Sub-regional Strategy provided a Partnership platform to further realise the benefits of collaborative working;
· Having the single Strategy would demonstrate to external partners our alignment in key areas and collective focus on addressing the issues of strategic importance to our sub-region. This would be particularly helpful when engaging with Government and funders.
· Do nothing. It had already been agreed by councillors, via the Annual Delivery Plan, that a Sub-regional Strategy for the Partnership should be developed. As such, this option was discounted.
Other reasons / organisations consulted
PMP/PDP, Joint Strategy Board, Corporate
Contact: Andrea Tait, Democratic Services Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Andrea Tait
Publication date: 09/11/2023
Date of decision: 07/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 07/11/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 17/11/2023