Decision Maker: Portfolio Holder for Housing and Health
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To delegate authority to an Housing Landlord
Services Manager to sign a Memorandum of Understanding and
Partnership Agreement in relation to provision of support through
That the Portfolio Holder for Housing and Health:
1) Supports a Lincolnshire wide resettlement scheme.
2) Approves the application made by North Kesteven District Council to Central Government to accommodate up to 2 households within the district during the lifetime of the programme (up to 2020) under the Syrian Vulnerable Person Resettlement Programme.
3) Gives delegated authority to the Housing Landlord Services Manager in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Housing and Health to agree the terms and enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with Lincolnshire Councils concerning this scheme.
4) Notes that the key role of the Council within this scheme shall be sourcing suitable accommodation in the social housing sector. Costs associated with this shall be paid for by the Government through Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Grant (VPRG).
5) Gives delegated authority to the Housing Landlord Services Manager to work in partnership with Lincolnshire Councils including lead council, North Kesteven, and use Home Office funding to procure a specialist support provider along with other ancillary services that are necessary for the smooth resettlement of refugees.
6) Approves a variation to the Council’s Allocations and Lettings Policy to enable the allocation of homes to the refugee families.
To ensure that the Council supports the Government’s pledge to resettle Syrian refugees.
To do nothing – not to participate with the resettlement programme and to no longer be a partner of the Lincolnshire Refugee Resettlement Partnership.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Conflict of Interest: It is the officer's opinion that there are no conflicts of interest.
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: This decision is not subject to urgent proceedings.
Contact: Vikki Cherry, Housing Services Manager.
Publication date: 08/03/2019
Date of decision: 08/03/2019
Effective from: 16/03/2019