Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To set out the recommendations from Stage One
of the Review of the future of the Integrated Shared Management
Structure and Joint Working Arrangements between Breckland and
South Holland District Councils
RECOMMENDED TO FULL COUNCIL:
1) That the preferred option for the future of the integrated shared management structure and joint working arrangements between the two Councils, as set out in paragraph 1.8 of the report, be approved;
2) That clause 8 of the memorandum of agreement between Breckland District Council and South Holland District Council be activated, and any extension or shortening of the timeframe set out in clause 8.6A be authorised, by mutual agreement between the two parties, so far as may be considered appropriate by the Leaders, following consultations with their respective Cabinets;
3) That the interim structures to support and enable the achievement of the preferred option for both Councils be approved for consultation; and
4) That subject to there being no material changes to the senior management structure following consultation with officers, delegated authority be given to the Head of Paid Service in consultation with the Leader to implement the said structure.
· To support the outcome of the commissioned Review of the current integrated shared management and joint working arrangements;
· To support both Councils to achieve their preferred option;
· To maintain the integrity of the current shared arrangements; and
· To enable both Councils to successfully navigate the route to their preferred option whilst continuing to effectively deliver and support their local communities and places
· As is – this would act as the baseline option from which all other options will be compared and assessed; this option has been compared to the appraisal criteria for completeness.
· Improved Existing Partnership – this option would model the improvements, opportunities and challenges of the existing partnership arrangement.
· Standalone Authority – this option would model the improvement, opportunities and challenges for a standalone authority arrangement.
Conflict of Interest: None
Dispensation Granted: None
Contact: Christine Morgan, Democratic Services Team Leader Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Christine Morgan
Publication date: 26/01/2021
Date of decision: 26/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 26/01/2021 - Cabinet