Decision Maker: Leader
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To accept the offer made by Lincolnshire County Council as part of the Department for Work and Pension’s Household Support Fund and to establish support for our most vulnerable communities in Boston, East Lindsey and South Holland.
· To accept the offer made by Lincolnshire County Council as part of the Department for Work and Pension’s Household Support Fund and to establish support for our most vulnerable communities in Boston, East Lindsey and South Holland.
· To give delegated authority to the Deputy Chief Executive (Communities) who in consultation with the Leader and relevant Portfolio Holder be authorised to implement the policy in respect of administration of the funding.
· Due to the urgent need to support struggling households with immediate needs this Winter, delegation is required to sign off policy and procedure outside of the committee process in order to successfully launch the local scheme on 1st December 2021.
· This is not a transactional grants scheme so should be outside of existing processes to ensure it is flexible to respond to immediate need. Officers working with people and communities have the relationships and trust with the third sector to deliver partnership approach.
· There will be no public facing application, but ‘trusted referral’ will ensure any household needing support will have the opportunity to receive this funding alongside any additional needs that are identified.
· Not to accept the allocation of Household Support Fund and decline to deliver local scheme.
· Provision of a public facing online application form for eligibility assessment and direct payments into bank accounts through PSPS Revenue and Benefits.
· Public facing direct payments into bank accounts with applications assessed by ‘community support’ and payments processed by PSPS Revenue and Benefits.
· To deliver through other grant and voucher providers.
Reason Key: Significant effect on communities in two or more wards or electoral divisions of the Council;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Conflict of Interest: None
Dispensation Granted: None
Contact: Emily Spicer, Assistant Director - Wellbeing and Community Leadership Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Urgent item?: Yes
Publication date: 24/11/2021
Date of decision: 24/11/2021