Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the Graffiti and Street Art Management Policy 2022 to establish Street Art in South Holland to provide safe and welcoming public spaces for our local communities.
1) That the Policy be approved and forwarded to Council for information;
2) That the Policy be delegated to the Portfolio Holder for Communities and Facilities for any final amendments and any future changes;
3) That the outcome of the Piloting phase which tested the draft policy be noted; and
4) That a review by the Street Art Wall Task Group after 6 months be approved, to enable the proposed policy to be successfully implemented.
RECOMMENDATION TO COUNCIL:
5) That the Graffiti and Street Art Management Policy be noted.
The recommendations within the report responded to the public petition presented to the Council on 24 November 2021 and the overwhelming support indicated by the Members of the Council in response to the public petition.)
Do nothing – not considered. The Graffiti and Street Art Management Policy 2022 had been developed and tested by a Policy Development Panel Task Group and was based on best practice policies in operation across the country and internationally. Following a public petition which had culminated in a presentation to Council on 24 November 2021, members had supported the opportunity and agreed to refer the proposal to the Task Group, to develop the governance framework to support the opportunity for street art in South Holland.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Street Art Wall Task Group
Street Art Wall Task Group, Portfolio Holder,
Contact: Forrest White, Democratic Services Assistant Email: FWhite@sholland.gov.uk.
Report author: Forrest White
Publication date: 29/04/2022
Date of decision: 26/04/2022
Decided at meeting: 26/04/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 10/05/2022