Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To introduce a Housing Delivery Framework to inform future investment decisions for Welland Homes relating to housing developments.
1) That the proposal to amend the Policy Framework to include the Welland Homes Housing Delivery Framework be supported and recommended to Council for approval;
2) That ward members be informed on any housing schemes which met the criteria, prior to a public report being submitted to Cabinet for decision;
RECOMMENDATION TO COUNCIL:
3) That the Welland Homes Housing Delivery Framework, at Appendix A to the report, which informs and guides future Executive decisions for the Capital Programme for Welland Homes housing delivery, be approved; and
4) That the Welland Homes Housing Delivery Framework be included as a local choice policy in the Council’s Policy Framework and that the Constitution, at Article 4.3, be amended accordingly.
· To identify the preferred nature of schemes for future investment;
· To provide a framework within which the Executive can approve the delivery of Welland Homes housing projects;
· To ensure that investment decisions are made which adhere to the framework;
· To clarify that schemes which are outside of the framework will only be pursued if they have been referred to, and approved by, Council.)
Do nothing. In this event, there would be no certainty around the preferred approach to delivering new housing schemes. This could delay schemes being approved. The Executive would continue to approve business cases for individual schemes without a framework being in place to guide such decisions.
Reason Key: Incurring expenditure above £75,000 threshold in respect of revenue/£180,000 in respect of capital;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Consultation with PDP
Contact: Caroline Hannon, Head of Delivery Email: Caroline.Hannon@sholland.gov.uk.
Report author: Caroline Hannon
Publication date: 29/04/2022
Date of decision: 26/04/2022
Decided at meeting: 26/04/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 10/05/2022