Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek agreement to recommendations necessary to progress the delivery of South Holland District Council’s UKSPF programme, and progress decisions required to secure the council’s Rural England Prosperity Funding.
1) That subject to Government approval of the Investment Plan, the Investment Plan be supported and the Council acts as the accountable body for UK Shared Prosperity Funding and Rural Prosperity Funding.
2) That subject to receiving formal approval from government of the anticipated funding allocation of £326,822, it be agreed to recommend to a future meeting of Council the receipt of the grant monies and the creation of a budget for 2022/23, for use in accordance with the UKSPF investment plan.
3) That the Deputy Chief Executive (Growth) be authorised in consultation with the relevant Portfolio Holder to submit an addendum to the UKSPF Investment Plan for Rural England Prosperity Funding.
4) That the Deputy Chief Executive (Growth)be authorised in consultation with the relevant Portfolio Holder to establish the Local Partnership Group for South Holland.
5) That the Deputy Chief Executive (Growth) be authorised in consultation with the relevant Portfolio Holder(s) to work collaboratively as the South and East Lincolnshire Councils Partnership on the development of bidding prospectuses, and where appropriate enter into grant funding agreements with delivery partners.
To progress decision required to further prepare and mobilise the council for the delivery of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund and Rural England Prosperity Fund in South Holland).
Do nothing – under this option, the necessary decisions sought would not be progressed, impacting upon progress towards the council being able to mobilise against the delivery of UKSPF.
Reason Key: Significant effect on communities in two or more wards or electoral divisions of the Council;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Forrest White, Democratic Services Officer Email: FWhite@sholland.gov.uk.
Report author: Forrest White
Publication date: 16/11/2022
Date of decision: 15/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 15/11/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 24/11/2022