Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider a motion from Spalding Town Forum to establish a sub-group to explore options and put forward recommendations concerning the future strategy for access to public space in Spalding Town Centre
1) That authority be granted from SHDC’s Cabinet to the Spalding Town Forum to create a sub-group with a remit to explore options and put forward recommendations to key decision-making bodies in respect of the matter of access to public space within Spalding town centre.
2) That the approach to progress the work of the subgroup, as detailed within this report, is considered and agreed.
· To establish and agree a partnership approach and working group that can explore future options and strategies in respect of the public space within Spalding Town Centre.
· To agree on a strategy that will service the needs and aspirations of the town into the future.
· To promote a collaborative approach towards delivering a strategy for the town in respect of access which is capable of providing a springboard to a more holistic regeneration strategy for the town centre as a whole.
Do nothing – Under this option, the report recommendations do not proceed and such a group would not be established.
Wards Affected: Spalding Castle; Spalding Monkshouse; Spalding St John's; Spalding St Mary's; Spalding St Paul's; Spalding Wygate;
Contact: Matthew Hogan, Assistant Director - Strategic Growth and Development Email: Matthew.Hogan@sholland.gov.uk.
Report author: Matthew Hogan
Publication date: 16/11/2022
Date of decision: 15/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 15/11/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 24/11/2022