Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider options for the local Council Tax
Support scheme for 2023/24
1) That the following be approved for consultation:
2) That the consultation process be used to seek views on increasing the maximum amount of Council Tax Support.
· To continue to align the CTS scheme and uprating for working age customers with DWP provisions for Housing Benefit and the CTS scheme for pensioners. This has been consistent each year since the introduction of the local scheme.
· Seeking views on increasing the level of support for working age customers is timely given the current economic climate.
· Do nothing – this would see the current scheme retained, uprated in line with an earlier decision of Council.
Report author: Sharon Hammond
Publication date: 16/11/2022
Date of decision: 15/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 15/11/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 24/11/2022