Decision Maker: Leader
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To accept the offer made by Lincolnshire
County Council as part of the Department for Work and Pensions
'Household Support Fund' (third phase) and to establish and deliver
support for our most vulnerable residents and communities
1. To accept the funding allocation from Lincolnshire County Council as part of the Department for Work and Pension’s Household Support Fund to deliver the Household Support Fund at a local level.
2. To give delegated authority to the Deputy Chief Executive (Communities) in consultation with the Leader and relevant Portfolio Holder to implement the policy in respect of administration of the funding.
3. To facilitate grants to low-income residents in receipt of Housing Benefit only living in the local authority area via postal voucher that is redeemable for cash at Post Office branches.
4. To utilise any remaining funding to meet local gaps in welfare provision and support vulnerable households in-line with the Household Support Fund policy.
· Due to the urgent need to support struggling households with immediate increases in ‘cost of living’, delegation is required to sign off policy and procedure outside of the committee process in order to successfully deliver the local scheme from December 2022.
· The proposed scheme is a targeted approach to those in most need with consideration of households who did not benefit from other Government cost of living support as required in the national guidance.
· Officers working with people and communities have the relationships with third sector partners supporting vulnerable residents to offer wider welfare and cost of living advice.
· Not accept Lincolnshire County Council’s proposal to accept the Household Support Fund for the purposes outlined within this report.
· To deliver through other grant and voucher providers.
Reason Key: Significant effect on communities in two or more wards or electoral divisions of the Council;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Conflict of Interest: N/A
Dispensation Granted: N/A
Contact: Roxanne Warwick - Email: email@example.com.
Urgent item?: Yes
Publication date: 06/12/2022
Date of decision: 06/12/2022