Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To introduce a new updated version of the Contract Procedure Rules and an amendment to the Financial Procedure Rules
1) That the draft revised Contract Procedure Rules at Appendix 1 to the report be noted;
2) That the suggestion that the Monitoring Officer be authorised to make the necessary changes to update the Council’s Constitution, accordingly, including delegation to amend where inconsistencies arise, noting that the CPR will take primacy, be noted.
3) That the Delegations to Officers, that sets out the authorisation for decision making in relation to Contract Procedure Rules at Appendix 2 to the report, be approved. This approval would be subject to a Council decision to amend the Contract Procedure Rules.
· To ensure that the Council has robust, up-to-date Contract Procedure Rules that provide clarity to officers, members, and potential contractors;
· In addition to the above, to ensure compliance with audit requirements as some of the Partner Councils have had audit recommendations to update their Contract Procedure Rules;
· To ensure a clear and consistent approach in the award of contracts and safeguard the public’s trust and confidence and promote public accountability and good procurement practice;
· To help avoid governance failures in the Council’s procurement activity.)
· To do nothing – this would result in the retention of the existing Contract Procedure Rules;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Andrea Tait, Democratic Services Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Andrea Tait
Publication date: 12/01/2023
Date of decision: 10/01/2023
Decided at meeting: 10/01/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/01/2023