Decision Maker: Portfolio Holder for Assets & Planning
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To endorse the decision of Welland Homes Board
in accordance with the Welland Homes Dividend and Charitable
1. That the decision of Welland Homes Board to make charitable donations in accordance with the WellandHomes Dividend andCharitable DonationsPolicy, is approved.
2. That thefollowing charitable donations aremade:
· £83,960 toCitizens Advice SouthLincolnshire
· £31,000 toLincolnshire Community& Voluntary Service.
3. That thenecessary Shareholderresolution bepassed.
To ensure that the Company is able to support one of its principal objectives which is to provide a financial benefit to the Council’s General Fund.
The Company’sDividend andCharitable DonationsPolicy requiresshareholder approvalto proceed with the payment of charitable donations (in accordance with the Company’sarticles ofassociation).
Approving the decision of Welland Homes Board will enable Welland Homes to makecharitable donations to the proposed beneficiaries in lieu of payments from SHDC, whichwill provide afinancial benefit tothe General Fund.
Nottoapprovethedecision ofWelland Homes Board,in whichcase theproposed charitabledonations willnot be made.
Reason Key: Generating income above £75,000 threshold in respect of revenue/£180,000 in respect of capital;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Conflict of Interest: None
Dispensation Granted: None
Other reasons / organisations consulted
To seek a view on whether a dividend or
charitable donation is preferred.
Leader of the Council
Welland Homes Board
Contact: Caroline Hannon, Head of Delivery Email: Caroline.Hannon@sholland.gov.uk.
Publication date: 10/03/2023
Date of decision: 10/03/2023
Effective from: 18/03/2023