Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To accept the grant funding from DCMS via Lawn Tennis Association and approve the necessary budgets.
1) That the grant award from the LTA of £101,000 to refurbish the tennis courts at Ayscoughfee be accepted;
2) That the grant conditions attached to the award be accepted;
3) That it be noted that the s151 Officer has previously already approved the necessary match funding of £20,000 using their delegated powers;
4) That the scheme be added to the Council’s Capital Programme, given that the s151 Officer has confirmed that in doing so there will be no ‘material impact on the Council’s budget’; and
5) That the necessary Exemption to Contract Procedure Rules be approved, as delivery of the works will be undertaken by a contractor directly appointed by the LTA.
To enable the tennis courts in Ayscoughfee Gardens to be refurbished to a high standard, working with the LTA to promote them and broaden access and participation.
Do nothing – the courts to remain in existing state with no additional budget and decreasing usage due to lack of engagement and promotion.
Wards Affected: Spalding St Mary's;
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Julia Knight, Manager - Ayscoughfee Hall Museum and Gardens Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Julia Knight
Publication date: 07/06/2023
Date of decision: 06/06/2023
Decided at meeting: 06/06/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/06/2023