Decision Maker: Portfolio Holder for Strategic Housing, Leisure Centre Delivery and Spalding Town Improvement
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the purchase of 7 S106 affordable
homes in Whaplode, from a developer
1. To approve the business case and approve the acquisition of 7 affordable homes within Whaplode, for the HRA.
2. To delegate to the Assistant Director Strategic Growth & Development in consultation with Deputy Chief Executive (Corporate Development) and S151, to agree the contractual matters (including the terms and conditions which may represent a minor variation to the scheme approved in the business case) such as signing the contract/transfer document and other incidental actions that may be required, and approving the associated due diligence and valuation required to purchase the properties.
3. To approve the revised HRA capital programme as shown at Appendix B, including this scheme and the reprofiling of future years schemes, subject to Council approval.
4. To approve the reprofiling of funding for the HRA capital programme, subject to Council approval.
1. To enable new affordable homes to be delivered which meet identified housing need in the district.
2. To provide a return on investment as set out in the financial evaluation provided at Appendix A.
3. To replace homes sold to tenants via right to buy.
4. To deliver housing solutions which meet local needs and aspirations to ensure that our residents have access to a range of housing options in the district.
Do nothing. In this event, the authority would not proceed to purchase the properties. As a consequence, the expected benefits set out in the Reasons for Recommendations section of this report, would not be realised. Officers would seek to identify alternative, appropriate schemes for consideration by the Executive or Council.
Reason Key: Incurring expenditure above £75,000 threshold in respect of revenue/£180,000 in respect of capital;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Conflict of Interest: None
Dispensation Granted: None
Contact: Caroline Hannon, Head of Delivery Email: Caroline.Hannon@sholland.gov.uk.
Publication date: 13/09/2023
Date of decision: 13/09/2023
Effective from: 21/09/2023