Decision Maker: Executive Director - Place
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
An Officer decision is required on the award
of the Security Services Contract for DWP and SHDC at Priory
That the contract for Security Services at Priory Road is awarded to GBSG Ltd at an annual sum of £25, 308.50 for an initial three years with option to extend for a further two, to ensure the security of the building and its users.
· The current rate for this work per annum is approximately £28,700, by awarding the contract the rate will reduce to £25,308.50.
· By awarding the contract we will have assurance of cover, continuity of staff who already know the role and surety of ongoing costs.
· All agreements with DWP will be upheld and all users of the building will have the benefit of the CCO presence when dealing with customers.
1. Award the contract to GBSG at a competitive rate for the next three years as determined through the tender and evaluation process carried out. This allows for a seamless continuation of service to all partners and visitors to the building.
2. Do nothing – This is not considered an option as the supply of a CCO is an agreed part of the DWP lease agreement and is also part of our risk assessments undertaken with consideration to the increase of visitors to the site. It could be arranged with GBSG to continue providing a CCO to the site without a contract but this would be both high risk and would come at a higher cost.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Conflict of Interest: It is the officer's opinion that there are no conflicts of interest.
Dispensation Granted: This decision is not subject to urgent proceedings.
Contact: Katie Potter, Technical Officer (CSU) Email: email@example.com.
Publication date: 04/01/2019
Date of decision: 04/01/2019
Effective from: 12/01/2019