Decision Maker: Leader
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider spending options for Councillor
1. That, in accordance with the budget previously approved by the Council, ward members be authorised to award grants to support their local communities, to a maximum of £12,000 for their four year term;
2. That spend against the budget can take place until 1 March 2023;
3. That the maximum spend in the financial year preceding the district council elections (2022/23) is capped at £5,000;
4. That any budgets that are not spent will be returned to the Council Tax Reserve; and
5. That delegated authority be given to the Executive Manager for Governance, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Governance and Customer, to update guidance and procedures as and when required.
To ensure that members continue to use their designated member budgets to support worthwhile community group and events.
1. To agree the scheme in accordance with the recommendations
2. To agree the scheme with changes
3. Do nothing
There are none.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Conflict of Interest: It is the opinion of the officer that there are no conflicts of interest
Dispensation Granted: No
Contact: Rhonda Booth, Democratic Services Manager Email: email@example.com.
Publication date: 07/06/2019
Date of decision: 07/06/2019
Effective from: 15/06/2019