Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek feedback on the revised corporate
enforcement policy prior to seeking Cabinet approval
1) That the revised Corporate Enforcement Policy be approved;
2) That the Head of Public Protection and the Assistant Director Regulatory be given delegated authority to make such amendments to this policy as may from time to time be required in order to (i) reference any links or amended links to other documents as may be required; and (ii) reflect any issues over which the Council has no discretion including, but not limited to, references to any legislative changes and amended guidance. Any material amendments to the policy will be subject to the usual approval process in line with the Constitution; and
3) That all Service Managers responsible for enforcement action under this policy be given delegated authority to take, in exceptional circumstances, such action in departure from any part of this policy as they consider appropriate subject to (i) the reasons for such departure being documented; and (ii) consultation with the relevant portfolio holder or Committee Chairman.
To ensure legal compliance and best practice.
2) Approve the revised Enforcement Policy without the recommended delegations
3) Do nothing and retain the previous 2018 version of the policy.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Conflict of Interest: None
Dispensation Granted: None
Contact: Donna Hall, Head of Public Protection Email: Donna.Hall@sholland.gov.uk.
Report author: Donna Hall
Publication date: 14/12/2021
Date of decision: 14/12/2021
Decided at meeting: 14/12/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 23/12/2021