Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval to the terms by which the South and East Lincolnshire Healthy Living Board are established and to provide delegated authority for the Deputy Chief Executive (Communities) to finalise with the Executive Leads for Health and Well Being, Leisure and Culture through the newly established ‘Healthy Living Board; a:
a) Healthy Living Action Plan for the Sub-Region
b) Programme for the Sub-Region’s Leisure and Culture Offer
That the detailed proposals provided within the
report, supporting the establishment/intended role of the South and
East Lincolnshire Healthy Living Board (Healthy Lives Priority
Partnership) and the accompanying terms of reference, be
2) That delegated authority be given to the Deputy Chief Executive (Communities) to finalise with the Executive Leads for Health and Well Being and Leisure and Culture through the ‘Healthy Living Board’ a:-
· Programme for the development of a Healthy Living Action Plan for the sub-region; and
· Programme for the Sub-Regions Leisure and Culture Offer.
The South and East Lincolnshire Healthy Living Board would create a more formalised arrangement for discussion between Strategic Partners across the sub-region. Whilst in many cases the conversations that would take place at the Board are taking place at present between Members, Partnership Officers and Partners informally, the establishment of the Board under the terms set out in the report would formalise that arrangement, provide a focus for resources and partnership effort within the sub-region and within the Partnership’s governance structure).
· To continue with current arrangements – this option has been discounted.
· Whilst there are strong relationships between officers of the South & East Lincolnshire Councils Partnership and Strategic Partners that would be invited to join the Board, it is necessary to create a more formalised environment (on agreed terms) where Partners can contribute to strategies and action plans to improve outcomes for the strategic priorities relating to health and well-being in the sub-region.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Emily Spicer, Assistant Director - Wellbeing and Community Leadership Emily Spicer, Assistant Director - Wellbeing and Community Leadership - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Emily Spicer
Publication date: 22/07/2022
Date of decision: 19/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 19/07/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/07/2022