Decision Maker: Leader
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To accept the offer made by Lincolnshire County Council as part of the Department for Work and Pension’s Household Support Fund (second phase) and to establish support for our most vulnerable communities.
1) To accept the offer made by Lincolnshire County Council as part of the Department for Work and Pension’s Household Support Fund to deliver the Household Support Fund at a local level.
2) To give delegated authority to the Deputy Chief Executive (Communities) in consultation with the Leader and relevant Portfolio Holder to implement the policy in respect of administration of the funding.
3) To facilitate grants to low-income pensioners living in the local authority area via postal voucher that is redeemable for cash at Post Office branches.
4) To utilise any remaining funding to meet local gaps in welfare provision and support vulnerable households in-line with the Household Support Fund policy.
1) Due to the urgent need to support struggling households with immediate increases in ‘cost of living’, delegation is required to sign off policy and procedure outside of the committee process in order to successfully deliver the local scheme from August 2022.
2) The proposed scheme is a targeted approach to those in most need with The Department of Work & Pensions giving appropriate data access for this purpose.
3) Officers working with people and communities have the relationships with third sector partners supporting vulnerable residents to offer wider welfare and cost of living advice
1) Not accept Lincolnshire County Council’s proposal to accept the Household Support Fund for the purposes outlined within this report.
2) To commission PSPS to facilitate the transactional distribution of vouchers for residents in receipt of Pension Credit.
3) To deliver through other grant and voucher providers.
Reason Key: Significant effect on communities in two or more wards or electoral divisions of the Council;
Conflict of Interest: N/a
Dispensation Granted: N/A
Contact: Emily Spicer, Assistant Director - Wellbeing and Community Leadership Email: email@example.com.
Urgent item?: Yes
Publication date: 05/08/2022
Date of decision: 05/08/2022