Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve: The General Fund and HRA budgets for 2023/24 including the use of reserves, Medium Term Financial Strategy, Capital Programme and Strategy, Treasury Management Policy/Strategy, MRP Policy and Annual Investment Strategy and the Annual Deliver Plan.
That Cabinet notes the results of the Budget Consultation process at Appendix 5;
RECOMMENDATIONS TO COUNCIL:
That Cabinet approves the following recommendations for onward referral to Full Council on 2 March 2023:
1) That the Revenue Estimates for the General Fund, HRA and Spalding Special for 2023/24 (Appendices 1, 1a, 1b and 1c) be approved;
2) That the Council Tax for a Band A property in 2023/24 be set at £130.26 (£3.84 per annum increase on 2022/23 levels) and Band D £195.39 for 2023/24 (a £5.76 per annum increase on 2022/23 level);
3) That the Spalding special expenses for a Band A property be set at £16.98 for 2023/24, (previously £16.38 in 2022/23) and Band D £25.47 for 2023/24, (previously £24.57 in 2022/23);
4) The additions to and use of reserves (as detailed at Appendix 1) be approved;
5) The Medium Term Financial Strategy (at Appendix 1) be approved;
6) The Draft Capital Programme and Capital Strategy (Appendices 1 and 2) be approved:
7) The Treasury Management Policy 2023/24 (Appendix 3a) and Treasury Management Strategy, including the Minimum Revenue Provision Policy and Annual Investment Strategy 2023/24 (Appendix 3b) be approved;
8) The Annual Delivery Plan for 2023/24 (Appendix 4) be approved;
9) That Full Council delegates approval to the Deputy Chief Executive Corporate Development (S151) , to account as required for any s31 grant and reserve transactions required in respect of the Collection Fund;
10)That delegated authority be given to the Deputy Chief Executive Corporate Development (S151), in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Finance, Strategy and Partnerships, to make any necessary amendments to the budget, prior to Council, for any required final adjustments or due to late notifications.
To comply with the budgetary and policy framework).
No other options were put forward.
Report author: Steven Houchin
Publication date: 16/02/2023
Date of decision: 14/02/2023
Decided at meeting: 14/02/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 24/02/2023