To consider the Work Programme of the Policy Development Panel (report of the Executive Manager Governance enclosed)
The Panel considered a report by the Executive Manager – Governance setting out the work programme of the Panel. The work programme consisted of two sections, the first setting out the dates of future panel meetings along with proposed items for consideration, and the second setting out Task Groups that had been identified by the Panel.
At the last Panel meeting, the following issues had been raised under consideration of the Work Programme:
· Public Open Spaces Task Group – At its last meeting, Councillors had stated that they felt that this Task Group had stalled, and that it was awaiting a report back following consultation with Parish Councils. It had been agreed that, as it was a joint Task Group with the Performance Monitoring Panel (PMP), that the Chairman of that Panel be approached to see if they would be happy for it to be encompassed into a new Task Group looking at Planning Design, that would be set up as a Policy Development Panel Task Group. If not, the Planning Design Task Group could be set up as a joint Task Group the with PMP.
· Leisure Facilities Task Group – This was a joint Task Group with the PMP which reported to Cabinet in 2014 and tracking of recommendations considered by the Policy Development Panel (PMP) in February 2015. At its last meeting, it had been agreed that, in consultation with PMP, this Task Group be removed from the programme.
Regarding the above points, the following issues were raised:
· The Panel was advised that the PMP Chairman had been contacted regarding these two items, but that no further progress had been made. Feedback would be provided to the next Panel meeting.
· The Chairman requested that a separate column be added to the Work Programme to reflect when Task Groups were dormant. He requested that the Open Spaces Task Group and the Leisure Services Task Group be shown as dormant until agreement had been received from the PMP Chairman.
· Members commented that with regard to the proposed Planning Design Task Group, officers were undertaking work in this area and an update was therefore requested to members of the Task Group.
That the Work Programme be noted.