To set out the Work Programme of the Policy Development Panel (report of the Executive Manager Governance (Deputy Monitoring Officer) enclosed).
· Consideration to be given to membership of the CIL and SPD Task Group
The Panel considered a report by the Executive Manager Governance, which set out the work programme of the Panel. The work programme consisted of two sections, the first setting out the dates of future panel meetings along with proposed items for consideration, and the second setting out Task Groups that had been identified by the Panel.
Members considered the report, and the following issues arose:
· Members were advised that the Planning Design Task Group would be holding its first meeting on 28 January 2020.
· There was a debate regarding the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Task Group, and whether it should be a Task Group in its own right, or whether it should be combined with the Planning Design Task Group. Agreement was reached that both task groups should remain separate however, they should both run at the same time and their findings feed in to the Supplementary Planning Document, which was currently being drafted by officers.
· The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) Task Group should be re-named the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Task Group.
· Membership of the Task Group would be Councillors Drury, McLean and Woolf. Councillor Avery was also suggested as a member and, as he was not at the meeting, his agreement would be sought.
· Appendix A of the report stated that the Panel would consider the Long Term Empty Homes draft strategy when it was available. Members requested that a timeframe for consideration of the strategy be sought, and the item programmed into the Panel’s Work Programme at the appropriate time.
a) That the Work Programme be noted;
b) The work commence on the CIL Task Group, independently but alongside the Planning Design Task Group, with both Task Groups’ recommendations feeding into the Supplementary Planning Document;
c) That the CIL Task Group be composed of Councillors Drury, McLean and Woolf, and that Councillor Avery be asked to confirm if he also wished to be a member of the Task Group; and
d) That confirmation of a timeframe for the Long Term Empty Homes draft strategy be sought, and the item be programmed into the Panel’s Work Programme accordingly.