To provide an update on how the Council is performing for the period 1 January 2021 to 31 March 2021 (report of the Portfolio Holder for Corporate and Communications enclosed).
Consideration was given to the following reports of the Portfolio Holder for Corporate and Communications which provided an update on how the Council was performing for the periods stated below:
· Q4 Performance Overview Report 20/21 (1 January 2021 to 31 March 2021)
· Q1 Performance Report 21/22 (1 April 2021 to 30 June 2021)
The following points were raised:
· Members commented that the low incidence of sickness absence was very encouraging. Members queried whether absences as a result of COVID were included within these figures?
o Officers responded that they were not included but were recorded separately.
· Members agreed that Covid and non-Covid sickness absence should be recorded separately however, it was requested that both of these absences should also be reported.
· With regard to calls answered by Customer Services, members asked how many calls were dealt with at first point of contact, and how many had to be transferred elsewhere?
o The Portfolio Holder, Corporate and Communications stated that the members question would be passed on to obtain the information requested. He also advised that work was being undertaken to ensure that a greater percentage of calls were dealt with at the first point of contact.
That the contents of the Q4 Performance Overview Report 20/21 and the Q1 Performance Report 21/22 be noted.
(Other options considered:
· Do nothing.
Reasons for decision:
· To ensure that the Council’s performance is properly scrutinised).
To provide an update on how the Council is performing for the period 1 January 2021 to 31 March 2021 (report of the Portfolio Holder for People, Places and Corporate enclosed).
The Senior Change and Performance Partner advised the Panel that, although the Q4 20/21 and Q1 21/22 Performance Overview reports were included for information, he would concentrate on presentation of the Q1 report as this provided more up to date information.