To consider options for the local Council Tax Support scheme for 2023/24 (report of the Deputy Chief Executive – Corporate Development (S151) enclosed).
Consideration was given to the report of the Deputy Chief Executive – Corporate Development (S151) which asked that consideration be given to options for the local Council Tax Support scheme for 2023/24.
1) That the following be approved for consultation:
2) That the consultation process be used to seek views on increasing the maximum amount of Council Tax Support.
(Other options considered:
· Do nothing – this would see the current scheme retained, uprated in line with an earlier decision of Council;
Reasons for decision:
· To continue to align the CTS scheme and uprating for working age customers with DWP provisions for Housing Benefit and the CTS scheme for pensioners. This has been consistent each year since the introduction of the local scheme.
· Seeking views on increasing the level of support for working age customers is timely given the current economic climate).