Spalding Special Expenses Drawdown
Consideration was given to the report of the Spalding Town Forum, which recommended that a £10,000 drawdown from Spalding Special Expenses Reserves be made to be used for the construction of a float on behalf of Spalding residents.
Members were advised of an additional proposal to recommend that a 10% contingency to the drawdown amount of £10,000 be agreed, should it be required.
The following points were raised:
· In response to a question regarding the impact to finances should the Flower Parade continue, the Portfolio Holder for Environmental Services and Chairman of the Spalding Town Forum commented that it was not the intention to continue using the Spalding Special Expenses Reserves. Should the Parade prove successful in 2023, the intention was to start fundraising immediately to ensure that future parades were self-sustaining.
· The report stated that all Parish Councils had been invited to enter a float into the parade – it was important that this was done and to include all.
· The Portfolio Holder for Communities and Facilities advised that meetings were underway to confirm the route for the Parade and that further details regarding the route would be shared in due course.
1) That a £10,000 drawdown from Spalding Special Expenses Reserves be made to be used for the construction of a float on behalf of Spalding Residents; and
2) That a contingency amount of 10% of the £10,000 drawdown be agreed, should it be required.
(Other options considered:
· Do Nothing – a draw down from Spalding Special Expenses reserves would not be made and members of Spalding Town Forum would need to fundraise separately to enter a float in the parade on behalf of Spalding residents;
· A lesser amount be drawn down from Spalding Special Expenses reserves;
Reasons for decision:
· To enable a float to be entered on behalf of Spalding residents as Spalding does not have its own Parish/Town Council).