Venue: Meeting Room 2, Council Offices, Priory Road, Spalding
Contact: Democratic Services 01775 764454
To sign as a correct record the minutes of the meeting of the Priory Road Community Hub Project Sub-Committee held on 23 January 2018 (copy enclosed).
Consideration was given to the minutes of the meeting of the Priory Road Community Hub Sub-Committee held on 25 January 2018.
The minutes were agreed as a correct record.
Declaration of Interests
Where a Councillor has a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, the Councillor must declare the interest to the meeting and leave the room without participating in any discussion or making a statement on the item, except where a councillor is permitted to remain as a result of a grant of dispensation.
There were no declarations of interest.
Update report on collocation and investment into Council Offices at Priory Road, Spalding
A presentation will be provided, updating the Sub-Committee on the following:
a) DWP Collocation
b) One Public Estate and Collocations
c) Items for potential investment including:
· Building access, circulation and access control
· Door heaters
Councillors asked if the authority had completed the Lease yet of the new DWP areas. Officers responded that this would occur on the Wednesday following the meeting.
All attendees left the room at 15:02
Councillors were taken on a brief tour of the new DWP facilities.
All attendees returned to the room at 15:24
The Shared Programme Delivery Manager left the room at 15:25
Councillors said they were happy with both the co-location project as well as with the quality of the contractor.
The Shared Programme Delivery Manager and Councillor Johnson entered the room at 15:27
· Market rent – 5 year payback
· Capital contribution.
· The co-location was delivered to budget and to programme.
· It was noted that the use of local contractors had been highly successful.
Councillors requested to see the financial details of the co-location at the next meeting.
DWP Co-location - Positive impacts:
· Joint security
· Digitisation initiatives
· CCTV Upgrades
· Phase 1 door access
· Toilet upgrade
· Strengthened hub credentials
· The hub as a visual marketing tool
Councillors mentioned that they had received some comments that the rest of the hub looked inconsistent when compared to the newly refurbished areas. Officers agreed to look at the reception area in particular to see what additional works may be required.
Officers discussed what the authority had learned from the successful DWP co-location. Officers cited the following as the key lessons the Authority had learned and areas upon which the authority had gained knowledge and experience;
· Managing expectations
· Civil service and DWP operations
· Managing stakeholders
· Effective communications – Councillors mentioned how useful and effective the weekly updates were.
· Procurement and “the market”. Councillors wanted to know if the new contracts team had been of use. Officers responded that they had been.
· Increased Knowledge of Priory Road.
· Furniture re-use.
· Co-location and operational learning.
· The period of “bedding in”.
Members mentioned that they liked the ‘open plan, yet separate’ nature of the design of the new DWP offices.
It was noted that there were a range of additional benefits of delivering the DWP project including;
Councillors wanted ... view the full minutes text for item 12.
The following were agreed as actions from the sub-committee:
· That a summary of the budget vs spend is provided for the DWP co-location project be brought to the next meeting, to be discussed as an exempt item.
Any other business
It was stated that there was an Asset Challenge workshop with a range of public sector partners, arranged and coordinated by Lincolnshire County Council on 3 April 2018. Collocation would be one of the items for further discussion.
Date and time of next meetings
· 29 May 2018 12.00 midday Meeting Room 1
· 25 July 2018 2.00pm Meeting Room 2
· 20 September 2018 4.00pm Meeting Room 2
· 23 November 2018 10.00am Meeting Room 2
The next meeting was due to take place on 29 May 2018.