Venue: Marquee Suite, Springfields Events & Conference Centre, Camelgate, Spalding, PE12 6ET
Contact: Democratic Services 01775 764705
Declaration of Interests.
(Where a Councillor has a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest the Councillor must declare the interest to the meeting and leave the room without participating in any discussion or making a statement on the item, except where a Councillor is permitted to remain as a result of a grant of dispensation.)
There were none.
To set out the recommendations from Stage Two of the review of the future of the Integrated Shared Management Structure and Joint Working Arrangements for South Holland District Council (report of the Head of Paid Service and Strategic Advisor enclosed).
Consideration was given to the report of the Head of Paid Service and Strategic Advisor which considered the recommendations from Stage Two of the review of the future of the Integrated Shared Management Structure and Joint Working Arrangements for South Holland District Council.
The Leader of the Council re-iterated that the recommendations that had been set out to Members were only to agree in principle to form a strategic alliance with Boston Borough and East Lindsey District Councils. The Leader also reassured Members that they would still have the opportunity to feed into, via Scrutiny, the business case that was being developed. Once the business case had been put forward to Full Council for decision, Members did still have the choice as to whether to accept or reject that business case.
1. To agree, in principle, to enter into a new South-East Lincolnshire strategic alliance with Boston Borough and East Lindsey District Councils, subject to the approval of the business case at a future meeting of the Council.
2. That the Council enters into an agreement with East Lindsey District Council under s113 of the Local Government Act 1972 placing that Council’s Chief Executive, Rob Barlow, at the disposal South Holland District Council from 2 July 2021 and for the period necessary to prepare and present to a future meeting of South Holland District Council the following for decision:
· Business Case for the proposed new local strategic alliance between South Holland District Council, Boston Borough Council and East Lindsey District Council;
· A draft structure, Tiers 1-3, for the integrated shared management arrangements of the proposed new local strategic alliance between South Holland District Council, Boston Borough Council and East Lindsey District Council for the purpose of staff consultation; and
· A Memorandum of Agreement to support the new local strategic alliance between South Holland District Council, Boston Borough Council and East Lindsey District Council.
3. That the agreement referred to in recommendation 2 above be subject to the key terms set out in paragraph 7.13.1 of this report.
4. That Rob Barlow undertakes the role of Chief Executive and is designated Head of Paid Service for the duration that he is placed at this Council’s disposal under recommendation 2 above.
5. That a Joint PDP/PMP Working Group be established to review the proposed report and associated documentation in advance of the business case decision for the next Council decision.
· The associated documentation to include the Business Case, Memorandum of Agreement and proposed structure for consultation.
· The Working Group to include the Chairman and Vice Chairman of PDP and PMP and the remaining members to be appointed from the membership of the above Panels and to reflect where possible the political balance of the Council.
· A series of topic briefings will be prepared by officers for the Working Group’s considerations.
· The Joint PDP/PMP Working Group to provide a report and recommendations directly back to the Council on its findings as part of the next report to the Council.
· The final version ... view the full minutes text for item 17.
Nominations for Committees and other Seats and Proposed Changes to the Constitution.
To receive, from political groups, nominations for any changes to Committees and other seats and to consider any proposed changes to the Constitution.
Part 3 (Delegations), Section D of the Constitution states that membership of the Governance and Audit Committee should be ‘7 non-Cabinet members, excluding the Chairman of the Council and the Chairman of the Performance Monitoring Panel and Policy Development Panel’.
The following change has been submitted:
Governance and Audit Committee
Councillor Biggadike to replace Councillor Redgate
That Councillor Biggadike’s appointment to Governance and Audit Committee, replacing Councillor Redgate, be approved.