To seek agreement to recommendations necessary to progress the delivery of South Holland District Council’s UKSPF programme, and progress decisions required to secure the Council’s Rural England Prosperity Funding (report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Growth) enclosed).
Consideration was given to the report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Growth) which sought agreement to recommendations necessary to progress the delivery of South Holland District Council’s UKSPF programme, and progress decisions required to secure the Council’s Rural England Prosperity Funding.
The following points were raised:
· A member raised a concern about the lack of apparent reference to Parish Council involvement in the UKSPF process.
o The Portfolio Holder for People, Places and Economy referred to the section in the report that stated parishes had been involved in both a) consultation during the preparation of the investment plan; and b) would be represented in the Local Partnership Group. The Portfolio Holder also confirmed that a workshop was planned to support parish councils in understanding the fund and supporting them in accessing it.
· Members responded that to ensure that it could be demonstrated that all Parish Councils had been involved in the process, that where no suggestions were put forward, the Parish Council respond to confirm this. It was also suggested that the Chairman of each Parish Council be copied into any correspondence to the clerk on this matter, that ideas of what the funding could be spent on be provided when contacting them, and that all members had an opportunity to raise the profile of this process to the Parish Councils with which they were involved.
· Members asked whether the UKSPF funding could be used to assist with rural public transport?
o It was confirmed that central government had confirmed that the UKSPF funding could be used toward rural public transport and mobility initiatives.
· Members commented that where possible, local contractors be used to deliver projects.
1) That subject to Government approval of the Investment Plan, the Investment Plan be supported and the Council acts as the accountable body for UK Shared Prosperity Funding and Rural Prosperity Funding.
2) That subject to receiving formal approval from government of the anticipated funding allocation of £326,822, it be agreed to recommend to a future meeting of Council the receipt of the grant monies and the creation of a budget for 2022/23, for use in accordance with the UKSPF investment plan.
3) That the Deputy Chief Executive (Growth) be authorised in consultation with the relevant Portfolio Holder to submit an addendum to the UKSPF Investment Plan for Rural England Prosperity Funding.
4) That the Deputy Chief Executive (Growth)be authorised in consultation with the relevant Portfolio Holder to establish the Local Partnership Group for South Holland.
5) That the Deputy Chief Executive (Growth) be authorised in consultation with the relevant Portfolio Holder(s) to work collaboratively as the South and East Lincolnshire Councils Partnership on the development of bidding prospectuses, and where appropriate enter into grant funding agreements with delivery partners.
(Other options considered:
· Do nothing – under this option, the necessary decisions sought would not be progressed, impacting upon progress towards the council being able to mobilise against the delivery of UKSPF;
Reasons for decision:
· To progress decision required to further prepare and mobilise the council for the delivery of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund and Rural England Prosperity Fund in South Holland).