Portfolio Holder (Cabinet) responsibilities
For each of the portfolio holders, they:
· Take responsibility for a range of council services and functions which are delegated to the Cabinet
· Contribute to the development and implementation of the council's policies, budget, strategies and service delivery and takes the lead at Cabinet meetings on items within their portfolio
· Make decisions on specific issues within their portfolio as permitted in the List of Delegation and the council's constitution
· Are accountable to the council’s scrutiny committees, the council and the local community for the portfolio.
Each portfolio holder will also:
· Act as spokespeople inside and outside the council Liaise with relevant council officers
· Make sure they have a clear understanding and knowledge of their portfolio strategically and operationally
· Make sure the council has appropriate methods of consultation and communication in place
· Attend scrutiny committees when required.
Support officer: Democratic Services. 01775 764626
Phone: 01775 764626